Indoor air conditioning is great but sometimes you want to stay cool while you are outside relaxing on your patio. So, what are some ways you can cool off while relaxing outside under the warm summer sun with friends and family? We’ve got some simple ways you can keep you cool, even on summer’s hottest days.
- Add a Pergola: Pergolas not only give much needed shade to your patio, they also add value to your home. Moreover, you can also hang potted plants from them to give your patio even more charm.
- Install a patio privacy wall: Patio privacy walls are structures that can not only give your patio greater privacy as the name implies, they can also give you a wider area of shade while you are entertaining with family and friends. Moreover, you can have them custom designed to suit your taste.
- Add a Patio Bar: If you are going to be doing any kind of entertaining on your patio this summer then a patio bar may be just what you need. For a relatively small cash outlay, you can add a little Tiki bar to your patio and a cooler. Here you can store cold, refreshing drinks for your guests while you lounge around in the shade provided by your custom patio awnings in Sacramento.
- Lay off the alcohol: Alcohol is a vasodilator which means that it causes the blood vessels to widen. This causes your body to heat up and makes you more uncomfortable on hot summer days. Moreover, excessive alcohol consumption makes you have to urinate more often which leads to dehydration.
- Change your lighting fixtures: Incandescent and halogen lights are huge heat emitters. They also eat up a ton of electricity. Try replacing the lighting on your patio with CFL or LED light which are economically sound, environmentally friendlier and produce less heat.
- Dress for the heat: Wear lighter colors to reflect sunlight and breathable fabrics such as cotton, silk and linen. Finally, wear sleeveless tops or blouses to allow your body to cool itself naturally.
Last summer was very hot. Record highs were reached all around the country as most people’s discomfort level went through the roof. Try the techniques above and use patio covers in Roseville to make this summer more tolerable than last year’s.