As we approach fall, we are quickly coming up on that time of year when the weather does not quite know what it wants to do from day to day. Even here in our lovely city, we are liable to have idyllic days of warmth and days when the rain pours down from the sky. These sudden changes in the weather and the heat and sun’s rays themselves can wreak havoc on outdoor furniture even for people who own patio covers in Roseville. However, with a few simple steps, you can keep your outdoor furniture looking fresh and new for years.
· Pergolas, Solid Patio Covers: As we’ve said, patio covers offer a degree of protection for your outdoor guests, family and patio furniture. They are also attractive, increase the value of your home and are generally easy to maintain. This is especially true of our Durawood patio cover in Sacramento and our aluminum patio covers. Pergolas are excellent for providing shade for the walkway, passageway, or sitting area of your patio.
· Regularly clean your furniture: Even in the nicest weather your furniture can pick up dirt, stains and moisture from the elements. Therefore, it is always a good idea to clean your patio furniture on a regular basis in order to head of bigger problems down the road. Just be sure to use the appropriate cleaning methods for each type of furniture, e.g., wood, plastic, aluminum, etc.
· Use patio furniture covers: Rain and snow are not the only forces that can damage your furniture. The sun’s rays can also cause furniture to fade. It is therefore a good idea to get UV-resistant covers for your furniture.
· Use water sealers, paint and varnish on wood furniture: Wood furnishings can be particularly vulnerable to the sun’s rays. However, all is not lost if you have wood patio furniture. Water sealers, paint and varnish can go a long way towards protecting your furnishings from the elements. You can even purchase UV-resistant paint for an added level of protection. It is also a good idea to purchase furniture that is made from pressure treated lumber to protect your furnishings from wood-boring insects.
· Store it: If you will not be using your patio for a while consider storing smaller pieces away in your garage or storage shed. Consider storing larger pieces in a public storage facility in order to protect them.
Yes, by using these simple steps, you protect your outdoor furnishings and extend its life for years. Our outdoor patio covers are a way to add beauty and value to your patio and protect your furniture from the elements.