Food, décor, warm weather and good friends: These are the main elements of a relaxing pool party. But just how do you put them all together to make a truly memorable gathering? After all, parties don’t just plan themselves. They take time and at least some effort. And since we are early in this season of morning and afternoon brunches and late evening soirees, we are taking this time to give you some tips on how you can enjoy yourself under our custom awning covers in Sacramento. Let’s get the party planning started.
- Send invites early: Never assume that everyone you wish to have attend your party will be free. Be sure to send out your invitations early enough to give your guests time to add your gathering into their plans. You will also want to have enough time to plan the logistics of your party.
- Use adequate lighting: If you are planning a late afternoon gathering on some warm spring or summer night don’t let the setting sun kill the party. Add landscape lighting to your celebrations. Pathways, staircases and pool sides are excellent places to light up the night by adding to the ambiance of your party. It also makes the gathering extra safe.
· Have sufficient shelter: Make sure that the odd shower or high winds do not make your party fold up earlier than you wish for it to. Our elegant and practical patio covers in Roseville, will impress your guests with their beauty while sheltering them from the elements.
· Get it catered: Depending on the size of your gathering you may wish hire a caterer. This will free you up to manage other aspects of your party.
- Keep mosquitoes at bay: In the weeks leading up to your party makes plans to reduce the presence of mosquitoes and other flying insects. Empty standing water and buy citronella candles to control the mosquitoes around your home.
- Provide the tunes: The right music can make or break a party. Make sure that you provide a reliable source of music for your guests to enjoy. Some of our patios have 2 Polk flush-mount speakers installed right into the beam. These are Bluetooth enabled.
Finally, few things are as relaxing in the summer and spring as outdoor parties. Just make sure that you follow these tips so that you can plan and enjoy the best parties of the season!
It’s just plain common sense. A well-maintained awning lasts longer than one that has been neglected. Moreover, awnings are an investment like any other. The key to enjoying our aluminum awnings in Sacramento is in knowing that you are getting the maximum use out of them. That means thinking of them as a long term addition to your home. That means considering them for their ability to increase the curb appeal of your property. However, this is likelier when you take the proper steps to maintain and care for your awnings. Here are a few of our suggestions for keeping your awning in tip top shape for years to come.
- Inspect the awning: Develop the habit of inspecting your awning on a semi-regular basis. Look for damage such as warping particularly after harsh weather events. Also, be sure to check the hardware as well.
- Clean your awning: While our aluminum awnings require relatively little maintenance, it is a good idea to clean them from time to time. When you do clean them use soapy water and a soft-bristled brush or cloth rag. If mildew should develop use a mild bleach solution in conjunction with a pressure washer.
- Use the right cleaning agents: As we said, aluminum awnings do not require as much maintenance as fabric awnings. However, you should always opt on the side of caution when using solvents to clean your aluminum awning. You do not want to damage the finish by using harsh chemicals.
- Prepare to repaint old aluminum awnings: If you are considering painting your older awning, then consider using tarps to cover the ground and steps and newspaper to cover areas of the house.
- Trim tree limbs surrounding your awning: Trees can not only deposit organic debris onto your awning, they can also scratch and otherwise damage the finish on your awning. (This usually happens when the wind becomes strong.)
In short, our aluminum awnings are tougher than traditional canvas awnings. That fact, added with the proper care, will make them last for many years as they only serve to beautify your business and increase your property’s value. Our awnings and patio cover in Sacramento are built for people who appreciate their beauty and functionality and who appreciate the investment they have made in their homes.
As our population grows denser nothing stands out more in the modern world than the creeping lack of privacy that comes along with this explosion. Sure, we are all social beings but there are times when we must all escape and make an oasis of our personal spaces. To do this, many of us erect fences and then find those fences totally lacking in their ability to hold back the outside world. For this purpose, many of our customers buy our privacy walls in addition to our custom awning covers in Sacramento. However, we can often ignore the aesthetic quality of this essential patio addition. So that you can make sure your privacy wall is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, here are some of our suggestions.
- Create a vertical garden: Indoor verticals gardens are all the rage but don’t forget that they can be useful outdoor as well. Hang potted plants along your privacy wall to beautify your garden further while remaining secluded from the rest of the world.
- Attach shelves: Attach shelves to your privacy wall as a temporary holding place for your garden tools. This way you will be increasing the functionality of your fence.
- Affix to it artwork: Why not bring affixed colorful artwork to your privacy wall? You can use drawings or washable chalk to create all kinds of outdoor themes.
- Attach a blackboard: If you have small children consider attaching a blackboard to your privacy wall and encouraging them to create their own artwork there.
- Signage: Post to your wall a message that is unique and has attached to it a special meaning. Use whimsical fonts to brighten up this space.
- Affix to it white curtains: Give your wall an elegant, flowing look by attaching to it lace curtains.
- Attach it to other structure around your patio: Attach your privacy screen to existing fences, pergolas, or other structured in order to extend your privacy.
In short, privacy fences don’t have to be drab. They can be as decorative and fashionable as they are practical. After all, they are still a part of our businesses and homes. Our Durawood patio cover in Sacramento is also practical and functional in that it provides both shade and protection from the elements.
Awnings and patio covers provide shade, outdoor entertaining and dining spaces. They can even reduce energy bills by cooling off your indoor living spaces. For these reasons, many people find it difficult to decide which patio cover or awning to select. So that you end up choosing an awning or patio cover that you will be proud of, we recommend that you make the following considerations before making a final decision:
- Material: Here you will want to consider factors like look, level of customization and durability. Among durable kinds of material to use for awnings is aluminum which is also easy to maintain. Our solid aluminum patio covers in Sacramento can last for many years with the proper care and maintenance. This is also true of our lattice pergolas. Fabric awnings require a bit more maintenance than do aluminum
- Angle: This characteristic is often overlooked by people who are shopping for an awning. However angle does affect overall performance of an awning. For example, it is recommended that east and west facing windows have awnings that have a 65% -75% drop. For south-facing windows, the drop should be around 45% – 60% or less due to the angle of the sun.
- Color: Light colored awnings are more energy efficient than darker colored ones. This is because, as we all know, light colors reflect or redirect heat and darker colors absorb it.
- Pattern: Which pattern you chose depends on the size or the structure you are attaching your awning to.
- Style: Style is a completely personal choice. We have a wide variety of styles that vary from the simple to the ornate. Our cut styles include Scallop, Corbel, Miter and Bevel.
- Size: Naturally, the size of the awning will depend upon how much space you have available and the size of the structure you will attach it to. In general, small awnings look excellent as purely decorative pieces while larger awnings provide greater coverage for outdoor spaces.
In short, choose the awning or patio cover that you will buy by making the above considerations. This will guarantee that you will have an awning or patio cover that you will be proud to own for years to come and that will be just right for you.
Aluminum Patio Awnings are the perfect fit for the weather year-round in Sacramento! Sacramento has fairly tame winters in comparison to the rest of the country. In fact, the average winter temperature in Sacramento is 50 degrees! However, you still want to be prepared on how to care for your outdoor structures during this unpredictable time of year. Outdoor living is a way of life for most of California and our solid aluminum patio covers in Sacramento are the perfect way to make the most of your outdoor space. With winter upon us we have a few reminders as to why aluminum is the perfect investment for your patio covers.
Little Maintenance: Most awnings in Sacramento require maintenance of some kind, whether it is maintaining fabric, cleaning the structure, replacing parts, etc. However, aluminum patio awnings require little to no maintenance! Spend more time enjoying your patio cover than maintaining it!
Customization is still available: We offer 3 different styles of aluminum patio awnings to fit a variety of our customers’ needs. Just let us know what your end goals are and we can help you find the right fit! We also have different cuts and colors available to choose from as well.
Longevity: Real wood has limitations withstanding the elements particularly in winter. It can crack, peel, warp, etc. if not regularly maintained. Aluminum can withstand the elements indefinitely and will never attract termites! Talk about a great investment.
If you’re looking to make the most of your outdoor space this winter our Duralum patio covers are the best way to do it! Cover with twinkling lights and garland your yard will be the hit of the holiday season – we guarantee it!
Pressure washers can be the perfect tool for cleaning things, such as aluminum awnings, that are not too delicate and that are otherwise difficult to clean in conventional ways. Many people use them to clean driveways, the outside of their home, their boats, cars, etc. Others use them to clean their awnings and pergolas. Here are some tips to safely and effectively use a pressure or power washer to clean your aluminum awning.
- Presoak the surface first: Using a detergent, degreaser, or chemical presoak, wet the surface of the awning or other object first. By presoaking the surface first you will save time and cost.
- Choose the proper nozzle type: The two factors to be considered when choosing the correct nozzle are the nozzle orifice size and the spray angle. Larger nozzle sizes will decrease your PSI (pounds per square inch). The flow however, will remain the same. Choices for spray angles range from zero to 65-degrees. Twenty-five degree angles fit the natural wash pattern in most situations.
- Only use chemicals approved for power washer use: Unapproved detergents may not only harm the environment, they may also damage the components of your pressure washer as well as the object to be washed.
- Carefully plan what you are about to clean: Is what you are about to clean too fragile for power washer use? Objects like windows, vents, light fixtures, etc. may be too delicate to be cleaned by a power washer.
- Read the entire pressure washer user manual: The safety manual for your pressure washer will contain information that is designed to keep you safe and
- help you do the best job. Read it!
- Avoid ladders and working high off the ground: The kickback produced by a pressure washer can be dangerous and cause you to fall backwards.
- Wear personal protective equipment: Wear gloves, goggles, boots, etc. in order to minimize the risk of injury.
- Be aware of your surroundings: When power washing your awning or any other structure, take a few minutes to scan your environment. Are children, pets, passing cars, slippery surfaces, electrical wires and power lines nearby? Be careful and know what risks may await you.
In short, if you choose to use a pressure washer to clean your awning, be sure to take the necessary precautions. Our Durawood construction material is one of the finest examples of weatherwood on the market. It can withstand rain, wind and sun and is attractive as well as practical. We offer lattice pergolas that are ornate and can easily be cleaned using a number of methods.
Storms and the damage that they can do have been uppermost in the minds of most people around the country lately. Obviously this is because of the storms Harvey and Irma which followed quickly one after the other and caused catastrophic damage in some cases to parts of Texas, the Caribbean, Florida and the Keys. However, hurricanes and storms do not have to be as severe as these were in order to cause damage to your
property. Particularly vulnerable are our patios and yards. West Coast Awnings would like to offer you some tips on how to prepare your aluminum patio covers in Sacramento for the rainy months fast approaching.
- Clean up all loose branches and debris: These could later become projectiles during high winds.
- Make sure the gutter on your house and patio cover are cleaned out: The leaves that get trapped in the gutters after Fall create a huge problem and hinder proper draining of water. Therefore, make sure the gutters are clean of any leaves, branches or debris and that will save you from unwanted leaks.
- Pay attention to weather bulletins: The more time you have to prepare for a weather a event the better off you will be.
- Have trees tree limbs that are close to power lines cut down: Call the power company to do this as doing so yourself could lead to electrocution.
- Shelter Your Waste Containers: Waste from an unsecured container could end up in the sewer system in the event of a storm or hurricane. At the first sign of a severe storm or hurricane, bring them inside or secure them with duct tape.
- Be sure to bring in lawn chairs, coolers, kids toys, gardening tools, etc.: These items can also service as projectiles in the event of a hurricane.
- Examine the drainage system near your yard: Examine the drainage holes on your garden wall for twigs, leaves and other debris.
- Use heavier mulch: Flooding will spread light mulch chips all over the place. Use heavier, man-made mulches for better protection against flooding.
- Build soakaways: For areas in your yard that are susceptible to waterlogging a soakaway helps to channel the flow of excess water. Make a soakaway pit and fortify it with rubble or gravel. This will prevent soil erosion and protect your garden and your home.
- Plant a rain garden: A rain garden is a depression that allows rainwater runoff from roofs, driveways, walkways, parking lots, etc. They are also very good at preventing pollution from reaching creeks, streams and storm water systems.
In summary, although some damage is bound to happen during extreme weather events like the hurricanes in Texas and Florida, it is wise to be always prepared. Custom Awning covers Sacramento are a great way to be prepared for the weather ahead of us in the coming winter months.